AcuRite Digital Indoor Humidity Monitor & Thermometer
AcuRite® Indoor Humidity Monitor & Thermometer helps you control mold and dust mites by monitoring and displaying the relative humidity in your home. Cell-phone sized unit has magnet for placing on fridge, or can stand on flat surface. Comes with many versatile features.
This product provides relief from: Dust Mites, Mold & Mildew
The AcuRite® Digital Indoor Humidity & Temperature Monitor helps you inhibit mold and dust mites by monitoring the humidity in your home. Knowing the relative humidity in your home is important in controlling dust mites and molds, plus other allergy and asthma inducers that thrive in warm, moist settings. To keep dust mite and mold populations from multiplying, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-50% in hot, humid months, but thankfully tends to fall lower in cold, dryer months. The AcuRite® Digital Indoor Humidity & Temperature Monitor accurately lets you know at a glance what your relative humidity is, plus whether its high, low or ideal, and whether its trending higher, lower or remaining steady. The AcuRite monitor also displays temperature, and has many other nice features, including a large digital display and low battery indicator light. Available in Black or Blue. 1-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty.
- When the relative humidity level in your home drops below 50%, dust mites slow down.
- Humidity under 40% actually kills and eliminates dust mites altogether because it's too dry for them to survive (except in your bed where it's always warm and humid due to your body, which is why bed encasings are so critical).
- If your humidity level is very high, you may need to additionally consider a dehumidifier.
- Check humidity and temperature at a glance with AcuRite's large, clear digital display
- Indoor Relative Humidity readings boldly display as a percent
- Temperature readings displayed in your choice of °F or °C
- See fluctuations, as this gauge also displays high/low humidity and temperature for the past 24 hours
- Easily check indoor comfort level (humidity in relation to temperature) -- High, OK, or Low -- shown within the graphic display of a house
- Finding a good spot for this gauge is easy because it:
- has a built-in magnet or stands alone
- measures only 3.06"H x 2.48"W x 1.29"D
- Requires only 1 AA alkaline battery – not included, but we offer batteries separately for your convenience
- Comes with instructions
Specifications for AcuRite Digital Humidity and Thermometer Monitor (Models 00325 and 00326)
|• Dimensions (H x W x D):||3.06" x 2.48" x 1.29"|
|• Indoor Temperature Range:||32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)|
|• Temperature Accuracy:||up to ± 4°F||• Indoor Humidity Range:||16% to 99% Relative Humidity (RH)|
|• Humidity Accuracy:||± 5%|
|• Power:||1 AA alkaline battery (not included)|
Instructions for AcuRite Digital Humidity and Thermometer Monitor (Models 00325 and 00326)
Please read all instructions that come with your monitor before assembling or operating the unit.
- Slide battery compartment cover open and install one (1) fresh AA alkaline battery.
- Be sure polarity markings on battery match the markings inside the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery with a fresh one when the display starts to fade or when the unit stops functioning.
- °C/°F Switch:
- Temperature readings can be displayed in your choice of °C or °F.
- To select either °C or °F, push the °C/°F button on the back of the monitor.
Placement and Location:
- Once setup is complete choose a location to place your monitor.
- Be sure to choose an area free of water, dust and heat that may affect the accuracy of the humidity and temperature readings on the unit
- You may place the unit on a tabletop or use the integrated magnet on the back to place on a metal object like a refrigerator.
- Once you've properly set up and placed the monitor, there's nothing more for you to do, but to enjoy it!
- Humidity comfort level (Low, OK, High) is displayed inside the monitor's house graphic.
- Low - indicates a dry environment – humidity level is low relative to temperature
- OK - indicates a comfortable environment – humidity level is OK relative to temperature
- High - indicates a humid environment – humidity level is high relative to temperature
Click here for an Instruction Manual on the AcuRite® Digital Indoor Humidity & Temperature Monitor.
- Aprilaire Whole House 70-Pt. Dehumidifier Model 1830MSRP $1,374.00 Selling Price $1,099.00
- AIRCARE Tower D46720 Evaportive HumidifierMSRP $125.00 Selling Price $99.95
- Santa Fe Advance2 Dehumidifier 4034180MSRP $1,932.00 Selling Price $1,380.00