Purified water (USP); Menthol; Eucalyptol; Thymol; Camphor; Benzoin; Oils of Wintergreen, Spearmint, Pine and Cinnamon; Potassium Alum; Potassium Chlorate; Sodium Bicarbonate; Sodium Chloride; Alcohol (2/100 of 1%); Caramel Color.
Directions for Use:
Please see Owner's Manual tab for full instructions on how to use Alkalol® Nasal Wash.
- Use Alkalol Nasal Wash as a mucous solvent and cleaner to provide drug-free relief from nasal congestion and irritation associated with allergies, sinusitis, colds, and post nasal drip. Alkalol is intended for use at variable strengths depending on personal preference and thickness of mucus. See Owner's tab for use with Neti pots & other nasal irrigation devices
- Alkalol can be added directly to pre-mixed saline solution or to sterile, distilled, filtered (0.2 micron filter) or previously boiled water (cooled to lukewarm, room or body temperature) to be used in irrigation devices.
- Alkalol contains invigorating ingredients and essential oils, therefore, the amount used is both a matter of preference and thickness of mucous. It is recommended to start with a mild dosage and work up to your preferred level.
- Alkalol may be used with Neti pots or different irrigation systems, but remember that each device is different, and dosages may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Click here to view an Instructional Sheet for Alkalol® Nasal Wash.
Neti pots & other nasal irrigation devices:
Many people use Alkalol in neti pots and other rinse devices. Some tips to remember:
- An Alkalol Nasal Wash Cup holds 1 fluid ounce. Many neti pots hold 8 fl oz. Simply follow the directions in the Owner's Manual, adjusting the amount accordingly.
- When using a neti pot, or other large-volume irrigation device, we recommend mixing Alkalol with a salt water solution instead of plain water to ensure the best experience. Too much plain water in the mix can cause a burning sensation.
- Wash and dry your hands before using your nasal rinse device and make sure you clean and dry your nasal rinse device before and after use.
WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. For children under 3 years of age consult a physician. Avoid swallowing. Do not use if safety seal on bottle is broken or missing.