Anti-Allergen Solution Spray
This product provides relief from: Dust Mites, Pet Dander
Anti-Allergen Solution neutralizes allergens in fabrics, carpets, upholstery, and surfaces making these allergens harmless to allergy sufferers. Made by The Ecology Works®, this allergen-reduction solution can be used as a spray, in hot water vacuums, in washing machines or simply on a dampened cloth to bring down allergen levels in your home and on your pet. The solution's formula works by breaking down the structure of protein-based allergens and encapsulating what's left. Once denatured, allergens can no longer bond with the human body's antibodies, thus avoiding the histamine response or "the allergic reaction." Many protein-based allergens in household and commercial environments, like dust mite allergen, pet dander, cockroach, and even pollen and mold are neutralized by Anti-Allergen Solution.
Available in a 32-oz spray bottle. Also available in a 3-oz travel size and a gallon refill (both sold separately).
- Anti-Allergen Solution comes from the family of revolutionary products brought to you by The Ecology Works®, whose products strike at the root causes of many common allergic reactions
- Non-toxic, plant and mineral-based formulation denatures protein-based allergens on contact, making them unable to cause an allergic reaction
- Proven to reduce allergens, as confirmed in independent lab tests and in private and government-sponsored studies
- Clear, stain-free formula can be used on all water-safe fabrics ‒ contains no tannic acid
- Can safely be used on all washable household and commercial surfaces, plus on vehicles, clothing and bedding
- Completely safe for pets and pet bedding ‒ neutralizes pet dander and dust mite allergen
- 32-oz spray treats about 500 sq. ft. when used as a simple-spray application on home surfaces
Water, Proprietary Oxidant, Proprietary Surfactant, Proprietary Mineral Complex, Sodium Bicarbonate.
Click here to see the MSDS for Anti-Allergen Solution.
Directions for Use as a Spray:
- Before spraying with Anti-Allergen Solution, clean the item by vacuuming, laundering or steam cleaning. May be applied to most water-washable fabrics. Do not use on "Dry Clean Only" items. Test an inconspicuous area for color fastness before overall application. Spray to dampen and penetrate surface, including the undersides of upholstery, furniture, box springs, etc. A stiff brush or carpet rake will aid penetration on dense carpet pile. Do not saturate carpet or fabric. Allow to dry completely.
- A 32-oz. bottle of Anti-Allergen Solution treats approximately 500 sq. ft. when used undiluted as a simple-spray application on home surfaces (a gallon bottle treats about 2000 sq. ft.).
Directions for Use in Hot Water Vacuums:
- First, clean using detergent or carpet shampoo per manufacturer's directions. Next add 2 oz. of Anti-Allergen Solution to each gallon of clean warm water and apply at final rinse. When applied to carpets with a hot water steam vac, a 32-oz bottle treats approximately 800 sq. ft. (a gallon bottle treats about 3200 sq. ft.)
- A treatment should last 1 to 2 months on older, previously untreated carpets. After a period of time, particularly with other environmental control measures in place, your home's allergen load will decrease and treatment intervals can be extended.
- Newer carpets will also need less frequent applications of the Anti-Allergen Solution, about every 2-3 months.
Directions for Use in Washing Machines:
- Add 1/4 cup to final rinse cycle for extended allergen reduction in regular machine washing - even in cold water.
Directions for Use on Dogs and Cats:
- Dampen a clean cloth then wipe pet's coat with Anti-Allergen Solution. Avoid your pet's face and eye area. Allow to air dry. Do not saturate coat. More frequent light applications work better than one heavy treatment.