Blueair SmokeStop 200-300 Series Filter
Blueair 200-300 Series SmokeStop™ Filter with HEPASilent™Technology is an optional filter upgrade for or replaces the filter that comes in the Blueair 200/300 series air purifiers. Recommended for removing heavy gases, odors and VOCs. Also removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron, even on the lowest fan speed. Package contains one (1) filter.
Works with Models: Blueair 201, 203, 250E, 270E, 303 and Classic 205 Air Purifiers
Optional or Replacement Blueair SmokeStop™ 200-300 Series Filter with HEPASilent™ technology is recommended when removing smoke, fumes, and gaseous contaminants is a priority. Choose SmokeStop either as an optional filter upgrade for Blueair 200-300 Series HEPASilent™ air purifiers (models listed below), or as a replacement for units already upgraded with SmokeStop filtration. SmokeStop is a progressive, pelletized carbon filter impregnated with a 70/30 blend of Potassium Hydroxide and Potassium Iodide to remove noxious odors and gaseous pollutants, such as carbon monoxide, tobacco smoke, ethylene oxide, ozone, and VOCs from paints, chemicals, composite wood products, and other items that release or off-gas VOCs in the home.
SmokeStop filters include Blueair's HEPASilent™ filter technology to remove 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 micron, making SmokeStop the perfect gas, odor and particle filter for those with allergies, sensitivities or health concerns. Change filter every 6 months for optimal performance. Package contains one (1) Blueair 200-300 Series SmokeStop™ filter with HEPASilent™ technology.
Blueair Filter replacements are subject to Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP).
- Optional SmokeStop™ filter upgrade or replacement for Blueair 200-300 Series HEPASilent™ air purifiers
- SmokeStop™ enhanced carbon filtration progressively absorbs heavy gaseous odors, gases and VOCs
- HEPASilent™ filtration captures 99.97% of airborne allergens and particles to 0.1 micron
- Replace filter every 6 months
- Fits Blueair models 201, 203, 250E, 270E and 303, and the next generation Classic 205
Note: This filter does not fit the Blueair 301 air purifier.
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are gases and chemicals emitted by a variety of products and objects, many of which can be found in your home. In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) numbers these products to be in the thousands. The EPA cautions that "many VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to 10 times higher) than outdoors."
- The EPA warns that some VOCs "may have short and long-term adverse health effects." Examples include paints, cleaning supplies, disinfectants, cosmetics, pesticides, building materials, furnishings, hobby products – and the list goes on. Many of these products emit VOCs even when they are not in use (such as furnishings built with products containing formaldehyde).
Specifications for Blueair 201, 203, 270E and 303 SmokeStop™ Filters
|• SmokeStop™ technology:||SmokeStop removes gaseous pollutants, such as tobacco smoke, carbon monoxide, ethylene oxide, ozone, and VOCs (volatile organic compounds), including from household paints and other chemicals|
|• HEPASilent™ technology:||Certified efficiency 99.97% for particles down to 0.1 micron, such as dust, pollen, bacteria, virus, pet dander, mold spores and other airborne particles|
|• Dimensions:||18 x 14 x 1.8 in. (454 x 365 x 45 mm)|
|• Weight:||2.87 lbs (1,300 g)|
|• Filter type:||Gradient structured filter with ultrasonically bonded polypropylene fibers free of chemicals and binders.∗ Naturally anti-bacterial. Fiber shedding resistant.|
|• Effective filter area:||18.5 sq ft (1.72 m²)|
|• Basis weight:||2.95 oz/yd² (100 g/m²)|
|• Media thickness:||0.024 in. (0.60 mm)|
|• Carbon:||Activated carbon, impregnated with a 70/30 blend of Potassium Hydroxide and Potassium Iodide|
|• Carbon weight:||1.79 lbs (810 g)|
|• Minimum surface area:||950 m²/g|
|• Pleat separators:||Non hazardous, EVA based, VOC free, UV resistant|
|• Recommended filter change:||6 months (4,380 hours) when used 24 hours per day|
∗ Due to the 100% synthetic structure, the media is resistant to moisture so that it won't promote any microbial growth.
Filter Replacement for Blueair 200-300 Series Air Purifiers
- For optimal performance replace filter every six (6) months.
- Quick and easy filter change - just open unit, slide out old filter, then slide in new. No tools or disassembly required.
- Please see Owner's Manual tab for full instructions on changing the filter.
Please be aware that we are not able to ship Blueair products to P.O Boxes or non-U.S. addresses, including Canada.