Breathe-Ease XL Saline Powder
Breathe-Ease® XL Powder is a unique sinus and nasal irrigation solution and moisturizer developed by Grossan, maker of the Hydro Pulse™ Sinus Irrigation System. A safe alternative to over-the-counter nasal sprays and saline products, Breathe-Ease contains no preservatives, iodine or other chemicals that can harm sensitive nasal membranes. Never burns or stings. Economical 190 gram (6.7 oz) bottle .
This product provides relief from: Sinus Trouble
Breathe-Ease® XL Formulated Saline Powder features an enhanced moisturizing formula that is more gentle than just plain saline to help maintain good sinus health. The enhanced formula more fully addresses the issue of the nose's ability to adequately moisturize the air you breathe when there is irritation caused by dry conditions, infection, allergies, and even the use (or over use) of over-the-counter nasal sprays and other products that so often contain drying, and even harmful, additives and preservatives. To overcome these issues, Breathe-Ease XL's no-preservative, no-iodine and no-additive formula helps achieve and maintain clear breathing and healthy cilia function through the moistening and cleansing of the nasal cavities and sinuses. Developed by Grossan, the same company that makes the Hydro Pulse™ Nasal/Sinus Irrigation System, Breathe-Ease XL is the smart alternative to over-the-counter products.
Breathe-Ease® XL Formulated Powder comes in an economical 190 gram (6.7 oz) bottle, complete with a 2-sided measuring spoon and mixing instructions. Breathe-Ease is also available in a box of 33 pre-measured packets (sold separately).
- Enhanced formula moisturizes sinuses and improves ciliary flow while cleansing
- Especially beneficial in thinning nasal secretions and clearing blocked nasal passages
- No drugs, preservatives, additives, iodine, or silica to cause discomfort
- Easy to prepare and use:
- Mix with 4 ozs of sterile water for use as a nasal spray or as nose drops
- Mix with 16 ozs of sterile water for use with Grossan Hydro Pulse or any other sinus irrigation system
- Effective and very affordable
- Economical 190 gram (6.7 oz) bottle makes about:
- 33 refill solutions when used in the Grossan Hydro Pulse™ Sinus Irrigation System
- 150 refill solutions when used in a 4-oz nasal spray bottle
Breathe-Ease® XL Ingredients:
Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Xylitol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride.
Grossan uses no preservatives and no additives (including no Benzalkonium) in its Breathe-Ease® XL line of moisturizing saline solution products.
Preservatives and additives have been found to be harmful or irritating to the nose. One such preservative that has reached notoriety in the medical community is Benzalkonium. The Benzalkonium Sodium preservative has been found to be problematic when used in the nose, specifically to cause rhinitis medicamentosum. Additive problems have become so prevalent that the Dannemiller Memorial Educational Foundation now specially trains its doctors on this topic. The training emphasizes that additives can be particularly irritating to those with allergies or sinus infections. Additional information is readily available in medical literature on problems that can be caused by Benzalkonium.
Directions for Use:
Please read the directions that come with the Breathe-Ease® XL powder (summarized below).
If you will be using Breathe-Ease XL with the Grossan Hydro Pulse™ Sinus Irrigation System, please read the directions that come with the system or refer to the Quick Instructions on the Owner's Manual tab (also summarized below).
- To use Breathe-Ease XL in a refillable nasal spray bottle:
- Fill the 1/4-teaspoon side of the measuring spoon (included) with Breathe-Ease XL powder and add to 4 ozs of previously boiled or bottled water before pouring into spray bottle. Use of spray:
- Nose bleed ‐ 3 to 4X daily
- Colored discharge ‐ 3 to 4X daily
- For dry weather ‐ twice daily
- For smog days ‐ 2 to 3X daily
- To prevent nosebleeds ‐ twice daily
- When mixing the standard isotonic solution, 190 grams of powder is enough to make 150 refill solutions when used as a spray, or about a 60-day supply when used for irrigation.
- To use Breathe-Ease XL in the Grossan Hydro Pulse™ Sinus Irrigation System:
- Fill the one-teaspoon side of the measuring spoon (included) with Breathe-Ease XL powder and add to the irrigator's reservoir. Fill the reservoir with lukewarm water to the 500 cc mark (about 16 ozs). Mix until all powder is dissolved, and replace the reservoir on the base. (Alternatively you can use one (1) pre-mixed packet of Breathe-Ease XL, following the same directions).
- When mixing the standard isotonic solution, 190 grams of powder is enough to make about 33 refill solutions when used in Hydro Pulse.
- For those who need a higher saline content, the formula can safely be mixed as a hypertonic solution by adding more mix (the manufacturer suggests 3-times the standard amount of powder).
- It is recommended that sterile, distilled, filtered (0.2 micron filter) or previously boiled water (cooled to lukewarm, room or body temperature) be used in irrigation devices to prevent the introduction of impurities into the nasal and sinus passages.
Click here to view Quick Instructions on using the Grossan Hydro Pulse™ Nasal / Sinus Irrigation System.